Joint meetup of LA and Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH chapters to discuss and explore common interests and goals. There will be ample time to initiate relationships for future opportunities and partnerships. Sign up on Meetup for your commemorative badge.
Members of the Los Angeles and Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters meet to discuss common interests and goals.
Leonard Daly, past Chair LA ACM SIGGRAPH and Rick Xu, Chair Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH will host the afternoon meetup with presentations by selected members of both chapters. The primary presentation topics are listed below with each chapter providing their unique expertise in each of those areas.
Sign up on Meetup for your commemorative badge.
* Rick Xu (Chapter Chair): Intro of Shenzhen Chapter, overview of the CG industry - mainly about education, researches, animation and games in Shenzhen
* Raymond Li: Quick Introduction of Visualization for architecture and urban construction planning in Shenzhen
* Michael Liang: Foreign entrepreneurs in China CG Market
* Benjamin Cheung: Animation/VFX Production in Shenzhen and China
LA Chapter Presenters
* Leonard Daly (Past Chair): Intro of LA Chapter
* Ed Lantz (Chair): Future CG in Entertainment
* Joan Collins (Chair Emeritus): History of Chapter and ACM SIGGRAPH
* Kathleen Milnes (LA Chapter Education): Education of CG
* Craig Weiss (Head, CBS Digital): Merging Live Action and CG in VR Environments
4:30 - Meet & Greet
4:40 - Intro for both Chapters
5:00 - Joint Presentation by both chapters.
- Entertainment Industry
- Computer Graphics Technologies
Conclude with Q&A and networking time with refreshments.
No registration required for this event, but you must conform to the requirements imposed by ACM SIGGRAPH to attend a Birds of a Feather session. See http://s2017.siggraph.org/birds-feather for more details.
Rick Xu (Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter Chair), ACM SIGGRAPH, leadership and members of LA ACM SIGGRAPH and Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH.