LA Chapter Volunteers Wanted!
LA ACM SIGGRAPH meetings are fun, educational and great opportunities to mingle with your peers in the industry, but they do not run themselves. Dedicated volunteers make it happen, and we need YOU to be one of those volunteers! Benefits of volunteering include:
- Free one-year membership in the LA Chapter of SIGGRAPH when you volunteer for 3 meetings in one calendar year.
- A chance to meet people in SIGGRAPH-related industries, including Media/Entertainment, Computer Games, Computer Graphics, Computer Animation, Visual Effects, Computer Software, Information Systems, Scientific Imaging, and Biotechnology.
- Improved people and leadership skills.
- Increased face recognition among SIGGRAPH attendees; helpful for business contacts, job searches, and networking.
- A chance to learn about the latest techniques, methods, hardware and software involved in all of the SIGGRAPH-related industries.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Membership Chair: One person to oversee the Membership Committee and help increase our membership and maintain our membership list. This person should be reliable and personable. Running a membership drive would be appreciated. Answer members questions.
- Membership Committee Members: Help the Membership Chair keep track of members. Help run some membership drive. Answer members questions.
- Social Media Lead: One person to take on oversight of the Chapter's social media presence. The Chapter has a presence on Twitter, Meetup, LinkedIn, and Facebook. This person should have knowledge or be quick to learn how to promote an organization and its events. The person does not need to be able to use all of the social media assets, but be capable of overseeing others who contribute to the overall social media presence of LA ACM SIGGRAPH.
- Production Assistants: PAs will be assigned to specific events to aid the event Producers in whatever tasks they deem necessary to help organize the event. Commitment: Several hours over the 2-3 months prior to the event.
- Producers: Responsible for all aspects of a chapter event. This is an opportunity to take your event idea and make it happen. Your primary responsibility is the content of the event. The Executive Council will provide assistance in promotion, food, and volunteers. They are also resources for the content aspects of the event. Please contact the Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Monthly Meetings: We need people to help with directing traffic, assisting with registration, and setting up the food. Commitment: 1 1/2 hours prior to and a 1/2 hour after each meeting.
- Catering Lead: We need someone to manage our catering services for each meeting, which involves coordinating with our long-distance Catering Director, transporting, setting up and organizing food and drinks for each event. Commitment: 1-2 hours prep time for each event, 1 1/2 hours prior to and a 1/2 hour after each meeting.
As in most organizations, the more you put into Los Angeles SIGGRAPH, the more you will get out of it. We hope to see you there!
Interested in helping? Contact Volunteer Coordinator - Fran Zandonella Benjamin (email@example.com)